According to digital marketing rock star Mitch Joel, business has changed. Forever. So, what are you going to do about it? In his new book, Ctrl Alt Delete, Mitch says we have to reboot and rebuild our business models. If we fail to do this, not only will our businesses begin to slide backwards, but we may find ourselves unemployable within five years.
Mitch outlines five key movements as well as seven triggers that can help us to take advantage of the seismic shift in the world so we can thrive and prosper. In our conversation for this podcast, we focus on the second half of the book, about “rebooting your life.”
Be sure to check out this cool, information-rich website for the book as well as Mitch Joel’s Six Pixels of Separation blog and Mitch Joel’s Six Pixels of Separation podcast. Last but not least, here is the Slideshare deck that Mitch mentions in the podcast.
00:01 Introduction and welcome; about Mitch Joel of Twist Image
[01:25] Interview with Mitch Joel includes:
- Why this book at this time?
- The movements in the book
- How can we think differently?
- Everyone feels they are falling behind!
- The “squiggly” career path, today’s reality
- Individuals entering the workforce today will probably have five to seven careers in their lifetimes
- Work/life balance or blend?
- The concept of being a “startup of one”
[20:38] Where to send comments; email donna at trafcom dot com or comment here on the show blog.
Theme music for Trafcom News Podcast is “Beneath Your Surface” by the Elisabeth Lohninger Quartet from Music Alley.