Fresh off a semester teaching audio journalism, and in the midst of writing a book called The Business of Podcasting with Steve Lubetkin, I just had to share these eight podcasting truths with you. I guess I could also name them “things I wish I’d known when I started podcasting.”
Here are the show notes for this 12-minute episode:
1. You will hate your first five episodes.
2. We can tell when you’re reading.
3. Get the tech right.
4. Passion wins over technology – to a degree
5. Don’t make me dig for your podcast
6. Many people still don’t know what a podcast is.
7. Ignore the snake-oil sellers.
8. Podcasts can build communities.
Check out Auphonic.com
Add a comment here on the blog or use the Speakpipe feature on the right.
Theme music for Trafcom News Podcast is “Beneath Your Surface” by the Elisabeth Lohninger Quartet from Music Alley.